This Data Privacy Notice describes the collection and further processing of personal data by Jewels Malta. The term personal data shall include all information relating to an identified or identifiable person.
Jewels Malta is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Jewels Malta may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25th May 2018.
If you provide Jewels Malta with personal data of other persons, for example data about the receiver of a gift, please provide their personal data to Jewels Malta only if you are allowed to do so pursuant to applicable data protection laws and only if the other person would agree to you providing its personal data to Jewels Malta for the purposes the data are collected and the processing of its personal data according to our data privacy notice.
What information do we collect about you
We collect information directly from you. For example, if you register with us or sign up for our newsletter. We also collect information if you make a purchase or contact us.
We collect payment information. For example, we collect your credit card number if you make a purchase.
We collect information you submit or post. For example, we collect product reviews and questions that you post on our site. We also collect information when you contact us.
We collect contact information. For example, we might collect your name and email address if you register on our site. We may also collect your phone number and mailing address if you make a purchase. We might also collect this information if you enter a contest or promotion.
We might collect demographic information such as gender and age. We might collect this when you engage with our site or contact us. If you are a member, we collect your birth date and anniversary if you provide them to us.
We use the information to communicate with you about your account or our relationship. We may contact you about your account or feedback. We might also contact you about this Policy or our website Terms.
We will use the information we collect from you to:
- Manage and fulfill purchase and repair orders, facilitate delivery, and to provide after-sales services;
- Deal with your enquiries and requests
- Send service-related communications, including announcements and administrative messages such as order confirmation
- Identify products and services we think you might be interested in based on your information, such as your purchase history and your previous interactions with us
- Send you marketing communications (including e-mails and social media audience matching) that we think may be of interest to you where we have a legitimate basis to do so (subject that you have given us your consent to do so)
- Conduct market research so that we can continuously improve the services we provide to our customers;
- Understand how our Platform is used so that we can continuously improve our Platform and services and other offerings.
Sharing of information
We will share information if we think we have to in order to comply with the law or to protect ourselves. For example, we will share information to respond to a court order or if a government agency or investigatory body requests it. We might share information if we are investigating potential fraud.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee may be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
This site is not intended for children.
Our site where this policy is found is meant for adults. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 16 without permission from a parent or guardian.
We use standard security measures.
The Internet is not 100% secure. We cannot promise that your use of our sites will be completely safe. We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet. This includes not sharing your passwords and regularly using anti-virus software. We keep personal information as long as it is necessary or relevant for the practices described in this Policy. We also keep information as otherwise required by law.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.